Expression of Interest
All applications need to submit an expression of interest form.
If you are in zone please contact the school directly to enrol your child. If you are unsure if you are in or out of zone, scroll down for a map of the area.
Out of Zone?
If you live out of zone you will need to ballot for a place at Deanwell School. Please read the information available on our website regarding our Enrolment Scheme.
Ballot Results and Admission
Ballot results will be advised within one week of the ballot deadline date.
Expression of Interest - Online Enrolment
Deanwell School Enrolment Scheme
In order to avoid overcrowding or the likelihood of overcrowding, the Deanwell School Board has adopted an enrolment scheme.
Under this scheme, students will be enrolled if they live within the home zone described below.
The enrolment of out of zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education and Training Act 2020.
- This enrolment scheme began on 30th April 2007
- Maximum Roll of 450
- The Enrolment Zone
The ‘home zone’ boundaries do not encroach on other adjoining school catchments.
Home Zone Description
Commencing at the railway line on Collins Road, follow the line north to Kahikatea Drive. Turn right into Kahikatea Drive (includes south side only) through to the Kahikatea Road/Ohaupo Road intersection. Turn right into Ohaupo Road (west side only) following that road through to the Dixon Road/Ohaupo Road intersection.
Turn left into Dixon Road. Follow Dixon Road to the end (turn right). Draw a straight line across to Hall Road. Follow Hall Road to the Ohaupo Road intersection. Draw a straight line from the Hall Road/Ohaupo Road intersection the Collins Road/O’Reagan Road intersection. Follow O’Reagan Road to the O’Reagan Road/Collins Road intersection. Follow Collins Road east to the railway line.
Out of Zone Enrolments
- Each year the Board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone.
- The Deanwell School website will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- Priority 1: Siblings of current students
- Priority 2: Siblings of former students
- Priority 3: Children of Board Employees
- Priority 4: Children of Board Members
- Priority 5: Attendance at Deanwell Kindergarten
- Priority 6: All other applicants
If there are more applicants in the first, second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the secretary under Education and Training Act 2020.
Parents will be informed 5 days after the ballot date of their application status.