Ohu Kōkako Pool & Playground Trip
This year each Ohu is organising a special day trip to support learning and enhance our tuakana-teina relationships.
WHO: Ohu Kōkako
WHERE: Te Awamutu
WHEN: Thursday 13th December
PURPOSE: Visit the Te Awamutu pools and playground
LEARNING: Mahi Ngātahi- working together
COST: $10 per student
MAKE PAYMENT BY: Friday 7th December 2018
MAKE PAYMENT TO: The school office drop box in a named envelope.
Please do not hesitate to see us and discuss payment if you would like to.
Please note that the remaining cost of the trip is being covered by fundraising efforts throughout the year.
9.15am Start loading the buses
9:30am Depart school on the bus ( Karapiro Bus Hire)
10.00am Arrive at Te Awamutu and have morning tea
11:45am Kokako Rua & Toru out of the pool
12:00pm Lunch time
12:30pm Kokako Tahi, Wha, Pīpī Manu swimming
1:45pm All students dressed, packed up ready to leave
2:00pm Start loading the buses
2.45pm Both buses will arrive back to Deanwell School
3.00pm Students will be released from class
- A fully packed lunch
- There will be no facilities to purchase food or drink.
- Please pack some extra food as we often find children get hungrier during a day trip
- A full drink bottle of water
- Togs and towel
- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable covered shoes
- Jumper/ sweatshirt
Possible Health & Safety Risks:
- Travelling by bus
- Being a pedestrian – walking around the pool complex and playground
- Water Safety
- Swimming ability
- Moving within the pool complex
- Some behaviour by students can be deemed dangerous and puts themselves and/or others at undue risk
Health & Safety Control Plans:
- School staff will manage risk and hazards according to the school’s safety management plan.
- School staff will appoint qualified First Aiders
- A teacher will be present at each location throughout the day
- Adult helpers will be allocated small groups of students to supervise
- All adult helpers and students will be briefed with the rules and expectations
- Students will follow the instructions given to them by all staff and follow all appropriate school rules.
- Students not adhering to the rules will not participate in the activities and will remain with a teacher for the duration of the trip or taken back to school.
- Normal school procedures will be followed in the case of illness or injury.
While risks can be maintained to acceptable levels they cannot be totally eliminated. Some risk is retained for its learning and experiential value. If you wish to come in to school to see our safety management systems or have any questions, feel free to contact us.
We require a number of parent helpers for this trip. If you are able to accompany us, please indicate on the return slip below. Without parent support, the trip will not be able to go ahead. As a parent helper, you will be leading a small group of students for the day and helping them to complete the activities involved.